Big ideas don’t spring from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and we give the best high-fives in town.
Everyday, mission number one is to create awesome time-to-value for customers looking to convert manage massive, diverse and very dirty data sets into profitable insights they can sell. With Unifyd, insights are created in minutes or hours not days or weeks.
Unifyd delivers access to tools and data to re-invent the way people work with complex, messy data. We have decades of experience in NLP, AI, Big Data & Databasing, Unstructured Data Management and Enterprise SaaS. However, we tend to ignore the way we’ve done things before, even though the new approaches drive complexity and challenges. If we can’t beat the old ways of generating insights we aren’t doing our jobs.
Base Salary: commensurate with experience
What You Will Do
- Translate agile software development stories and design documents into quality software
- Implement front-end features and reusable components using React, Redux, JS, HTML5/CSS3
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Work closely with team leads & UX designers to translate visual concepts into functional online and mobile experiences
- Develop and unit test across multiple browsers, platforms, etc.
- Deliver high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software
- Assisting in Quality Assurance process and customer issue resolution
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience developing, deploying, and supporting web applications
- Experience with UI frameworks and technologies React, Redux, Semantic UI (a plus).
- Experience integrating REST web services with UI
- Experience with Front-end code debugging tools like Chrome Dev Tools
- Experience with agile/ scrum development methodologies
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with JS pre-compiler (ES6)
- Familiarity with CSS pre-compilers (SASS, CSS Modules)
- Experience with full life-cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing
- Experience with application scaffolding tools, automation & development tools, and dependency management (e.g. yarn, npm)
- Experience with data-centric, faceted search SaaS applications
- Version control systems (Git / GitHub) experience
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
What’s In It for You
- Work with other high-caliber engineers
- Working on really hard, unsolved problems in Big Data and Machine Learning and using cutting edge technologies to do so.
- Flexible working hours – as long as high-quality work gets done
- Easy-going, open office environment in downtown Chicago (Near the trains!)
- Guiding the direction and architecture from the product from an early stage
- Building the business as a partner, not an employee.
We start with people who are genuinely nice people to hang out with. Make sure they are super smart and motivated to twist data like a pretzel. Lastly, we have a no jerk policy…zero tolerance. No one likes coming to a company with a difficult person or boss.
When you focus on the right people, suddenly it’s possible to attack that big idea, crush extremely hard problems, and excite your customer base.
Our philosophy in a nutshell is “People, Product, Profit”. Great companies are created in that order.
If you’re interesting in working with us please contact us at email@example.com